Friday, April 16, 2010

Felix and Cordelia

I found these two at a consignment shop for $7.00 and instantly fell in love with them. I've been looking for something like them since I saw Ariel had one in her house (credit where credit is due). And since my grandma is still kickin' and using her figurines I bought these (I'm sure they were once owned by somebodies grandma). Anyway, I wanted to blog about them yesterday but decided to wait until I named them. I chose Felix because it's my 5th favorite boy name and having 5 kids let alone 5 boys just doesn't look like it's in the cards. And Anne (with and "e") fans will recognize the name Cordelia. I've even made up a whole Jane Austen inspired back story in my head of how they met and fell in love. As you can imagine it's a drawn out story full of walks through the parlor (I'm now calling my living room the parlor), misunderstanding, and a wait-until-the-last-page betrothal. Luckily my favorite Jane Austen is Emma so it's not a depressing story.
And now I want to play a waltz. Does anyone have any super easy waltz sheet music?

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

K next time you and Jen hit the consignments you need to call me :) Love your finds

Marianne said...

Ha Ha, YES! As soon as I read the title I thought of Anne.

"Could you call me Cordelia?"

I'm glad that you found Felix and Cordelia. May they have a long and happy life together in your parlor.

Amy said...

You are easily one of the coolest people I know.

Tiffany said...

You are funny Rach. Actually, really smart and bookie creative. I love the way your braid works. Jealous. Love the figurines, in a dated grandma kind of way. Tiff

dave + kirst said...

Oh Rachel - can I just be you? For like a day at least. I have to say that I went to your blog and then my friend Hayley came over to watch my 'Anne' movies with me and I saw this post - too perfect. So at the point where she said "call me Cordelia... because I'm in the depths of despair yada yada" I HAD to show this post to my friend. She says that you HAVE to be her friend now too, and I think you will have a long and wonderful friendship ;) Are you going to book club tomorrow? I have to pass this month yet again... Lost is taking over my life for the next few Tuesdays.