Saturday, December 20, 2008

Welcome to Town, Kate

This weekend was a blast. One of my best friends, Kate, was in town for the holidays. A few years ago she moved too many miles away for us to see her often so we have to get as much out of her while she is here as we can. Friday night we had a kicka party at Joy's house.
From left to right: Emilie, me, Kate, and Joy. I'll never let you go, man! (Don't you hate it when more that one person is taking a group photo at the same time? You can never get anyone to look at the same camera. Somewhere out there on Kate, Em, or Joy's camera is an identical picture... only it has Kate and Joy looking at the camera. How do wedding photographers do it? Jen?).
Although the party lasted until well past our bedtimes (11:30) a few of us were brave enough to head out the next morning for some snowshoeing. Here is me and Collin. Aren't we adorable when bundled? Well, I am at least, right? While walking back (we were almost to the lodge) Collin took this candid picture. Then he took this one. We were a bit more prepared. From left to right, Kate's sister Laura, Kate, Joy, and Me. When we finally did get back to the lodge, we ate lunch and got some rest. While waiting for Collin to go get our car, Laura, Joy, Kate's boyfriend Chris (who I somehow mangaged NOT to get a picture of. We actually had 9 people in our group. I suck at taking pics), and I went in search of a yurt we saw on the Solitude map. After getting a little lost, Chris took a picture of what we found:Now you, too, know what a yurt is.

Kate is here until after Christmas. Check back for some more Kate-astic fun!

3 comments:

jakenapril said...

Looks like you had a fun and adventurous weekend! And you do look adorable all bundled up...love your jacket btw! :D Hooray for snow, snowshoeing, and good friends, right?!?

Jennie said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were so adventurous! I'm glad you are having fun :)

Roadrunner said...

Hey- when did you steal Kate from me? I've been a slacker and haven't gotten in touch with the sweet since we moved here. Merry Christmas to all of you! :)