Wednesday, July 9, 2008

DIY Photos of the Week

Last week's DIY photo of the week was the tile backsplash I put in. In the picture you could see a little bit of the painted cabinets. What a great segue to this week's DIY photo of the week! Collin painted our standard oak kitchen cabinets a creamy off-white color and then the 2 of us spent about 8 hours "antiquing" them with brown glaze. We'd slather the glaze on with a paint brush and then use elbow grease to wipe about 90% of it off. We then worked it into the edges. Collin put bead board up under the bar area. We then put black knobs on all the doors and drawers. It was a labor of love!

7 comments:

Toby and Debby said...

Hey,
I am almost done with the book. I can't put it down. So, you will probably get your books back in the next week! Anyway, THANKS for letting me borrow them!

Andy and Kimi said...

Love love love your kitchen- and your blog. Where did you get your saddle stools??
Miss you guys!

Andy and Kimi said...

Thanks for the info about the stools- I just ordered myself a set in black!

k8e said...

Hi Rachel! I found your blog! Yay! I absolutley LOVE your kitchen! When we eventually move into a new home I'm hiring you to come paint my cabinets and do my backsplash! It seriously looks amazing!

Shawnee said...

I found your blog...and I love what you have done in your kitchen! I imagine that you have done alot with your house...I'd love to come see it sometime! Anyways, check out our blog at shawneeandbrady.blogspot.com.

Linzy said...

Love your kitchen! I want to come see it in person some time. And yeah, Marc Cohn's music would be great road trip music. Cody has been listening to him for a long time.

Jess said...

I think the cabinets are my favorite part of your house. You guys make it look easy!