Monday, July 28, 2008

Walton Court of Fire Rundown

Sorry it's been a few days since I've had a chance to post. So, here is a run down of our weekend, starting with Thursday the 24th. After I got off work we went to the Days of 47 Rodeo. TONS of fun. I didn't used to be a fan of the rodeo but that was back when I didn't really know what was going on. I've been going with Collin's family the last few years and it's starting to make sense. I forgot my camera, so no pics there. Later that night we came home for the most awesome block party EVER! The Walton Court of Fire turned out really great. We had between 80-100 people there and next year we're hoping to increase that number by at least 10. Debby and Toby brought a volley ball and net which brought out the competitive side in a lot of the guys. Tammi was awesome on the fireworks. She and her staff (staff being the few guys brave enough to assist her) had about 6 fountains going most of the time. Jodie, Sabrina, and Jamie did most of the shopping and got two piñatas. The kids really enjoyed those. The BBQ turned out great! All in all it was a really fun night. Any suggestions on how to make it better next year? Oh, and thanks to everybody who stayed and helped clean up. The yard and driveway were spotless by the time everybody left. I REALLY appreciate that!! Especially Malachi, who picked up two bottles that weren't even his. Here are some pics from that night.









8 comments:

Chris and Tara said...

We're so sad we missed it. Next year, next year. It looks like it was a big hit. Way to go!

JoyLyn said...

Looks like you had a fun 24th! Chris and I will have to put it on our calendar for next year. Did you get my email? We didn't end up going hiking on Saturday -- or else I would have called. ;)

Malerie said...

Hi. It's me Malerie.

Okay, so i 100% was planning on coming to this huge shindig... but i didn't. Because, i sat around all day and didn't do anything, so when it came time to get ready for the night, i was halfway asleep watching tv. So i was lame, and stayed inside my house. Really retarded excuse, but it's the truth.

Next year though.... i'll be there, plan on it.

But it looks like it was way fun!!! now i wish i wouldn't have been a lazy bum.

Stephenson and Katie said...

I"m so sad we couldn't come!! I pretty much did the same thing as Malerie that night ;) It looks like sooo much fun and I can't wait for next year!
P.S. I'm still waiting for an invite to tour your house :)

Paul*Cat*Hallie*Ty said...

It turned out to be an awesome night! Thanks for giving me something to do while my hubby was out of town. Hallie and I had a blast. And thanks to Jodie I've eaten half a gallon of rainbow sherbet in like 2 days! YUM! Can't wait to see what you come up with for next year!

jamirodana said...

It was fun! The food was great! We left before the pinatas though. :( We hate mosquitos so we left as it got darker.

Tiffany said...

Fun times :) We have the greatest neighborhood ever. Way to host the court ;) I can't believe that many people showed up. That's awesome!

Val said...

Glad to see you have a blog! The block party looked like lots of fun! We missed out. The little one (with a sweet thumb :) goes to bed about the same time your party started. Bummer!!