Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mr. Talented

A few years ago when my mom was redecorating her living room she decided she didn't want the piano in there anymore so she gave it to me. I took lessons for 7 years but never made much of it (I pretty much suck). I figured one day our kids would take lessons and be the prodigies I never was. Collin thought it would be fun to play so he asked me to put some peices of tape on a a few notes so he knew which notes were which and then he proceeded to pretty much teach himself how to play. He doesn't use notes much anymore, he listens to the song over and over and then plays by ear. Maybe we'll get those prodigies someday after all. Right now he's teaching himself a few Coldplay songs. Doesn't his new haircut look nice? Thanks, Missy, for squeezing him in!
P.S. President Obama's speech gave me the goosebumps! Best Inauguration EVER! At least I think it was. I've never really watched one before.

4 comments:

jakenapril said...

so, rachel, what can't your husband do? by ear, huh? impress me much!
p.s. yes, it was great to witness history in the making. now, let's see what he can do...

Brett, Jenn and Alex said...

If we had actually applied our selves, we would probably be amazing pianists, but I'm still jealous!!
P.S. I watched the inaguration and also got goosebumps!! I'm looking forward to change!!

Davis'...things that make us smile said...

Well I'm glad Collin's haircut turned out nice and I'm glad I was able to squeeze him in!

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

ok, i feel like i haven't posted anything or written any comments FOREVER! you put me to shame my friend.
No joke, I got goosebumps TOO! and when he and michelle walked two times not just once - won't lie. i got a little teary eyed.