Sunday, July 12, 2009

Neighbors Beware

Beware!
My brother who lives a few blocks away from us (just north of the main park) was out of town for the weekend and his home was robbed. Not just a TV or a few grab and run items; it was ransacked from TOP to BOTTOM! They got in through the sliding glass door and had to have been there for a couple hours just hauling away possessions, important paperwork, everything. They even took my sister-in-law's wedding rings. Just sad.
So please, beware!
*Neighborhood Watch has been notified. Still, tell your neighbors and spread the word to be vigilant. Also, they did not have a peice of wood at the base of the sliding glass door. They probably will now...

5 comments:

jamirodana said...

Wow! That is so sad!
Did they have a wooden stick in the sliding door? Just curious.
I have one, but wonder if it would really help.
I'm sorry for your brother and his wife:(

Linda said...

Scarry! Have you told the neighborhood watch?

Marianne said...

I am so sorry to hear that! I was also wondering if the neighborhood watch was notified.

jakenapril said...

oh my gosh! that is so sad. thanks for the warnings...and let's all be better, more vigilant neighbors!

Shawnee said...

Yikes! I hate hearing about these things happening but thanks for the heads up.